Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Rest My Bones



Goin' home, goin' home
by the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
to rock my soul

Grateful Dead
Broke-down Palace


The Team In Training staff has repeatedly advised us that a day of rest is just as important as a day of training. I plan on strictly following this advice. In addition to remaining horizontal on the couch, I'm interpreting "rest" to include a couple glasses of wine, an oversized plate of fajitas, a bowlfull of cookies n' cream ice cream and some tunes to lull me to sleep. I wouldn't quite go as far as to say that my body felt broke-down, but this type of rest felt great. I'm not sure if all these activities are promoted by the TNT coaches, but I figured I deserved a little love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home