Tuesday, December 27, 2005

100/1000



The following milestones were recently surpassed in the Run With Rorai campaign:

100: On the tail end of a Christmas Eve run through Midtown Detroit, I logged my 100th mile of training. I celebrated this accomplishment by opening a freshly wrapped bag of ice that Santa left for my aching legs.

1000:
The fundraising campaign officially topped the $1000 mark as a flurry of donations came down the chimney of the Run With Rorai head quarters. I tipped a glass or two of holiday cheer in celebration and in thanks. After these holidays, the number of dollars raised in this campaign is in close competition with the number of sticky buns consumed by the campaign staff. A special thanks to Grandma for the carbohydrate laden goodies. They don't exactly top the list recommended training foods, but I'll gladly cheat.......even with Grandma's sister's "second place" sticky buns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home