Thursday, December 08, 2005

And we're off........

I officially kicked off the "Run With Rorai" TNT Fundraising Campaign yesterday. I originally envisioned a huge press conference complete with neon lights, a booming sound system, smoke machine and Kid Rock slamming Stroh's on stage. Then I came to my senses and acknowledged that my office-working, suit-wearing, yuppie coffee drinking lifestyle isn't exactly one of celebrity rock stars. Instead, I proudly mailed nearly 70 letters to unsuspecting friends and family. Spending the early morning hours, stuffing, folding, and stamping letters brought me to realize that many of these potential donors are people that I don't get a chance to spend much time with. I'm hoping that this experience brings me in closer contact with the many good friends and family that I know will offer nothing but support. I'm just hoping this contact doesn't come from visiting me in a hospital. For those of you just joining the campaign.........welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home