Friday, December 09, 2005

Feeling Slow From Merlot



"Come, come, good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used; exclaim no more against it." -- Shakespeare, Othello


The only advice I received from the organizers of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's wine tasting fundraiser last night was, "make sure to sample the wines before pouring them." As a volunteer pourer for this event, I followed this advice and paid for it this morning. I skipped my scheduled training run last night to pour wine at the Detroit Historical Museum and pretended I really knew the difference between a Cabernet and Shiraz. I can tell you that the 2004 Sterling Pinot Noir shouldn't be introduced into the training schedule, unless a killer headache inspires you to run. I drink wine, I enjoy wine, but I'm the furthest thing from a knowledgeable connoisseur. I think I fooled a majority of people who stopped by my table. Regardless, the event successfully raised money for our charity. Big thanks to Harbortown Market, the greatest grocery store in Detroit, and all the TNT volunteers with similar hangovers. I even met a few of my neighbors who swore they saw me running down East Jefferson in a snow storm the other night. I told them to honk and yell for me to "get movin'" next time they see me. I'll just leave the Merlot behind.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new wino on the streets of Detroit!!!
Never here from him unless he needs money. If you are stupid enough to run in the freezing cold, then you are stupid enough to take out a loan to get your "support goal funds".
Have a nice day
Love DAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home