Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year, New Legs


I apologize for the obscure Seinfeld reference, but last night I felt like George Costanza after his taste explosion bite of mango. "I'm back, baby! I'm back!" he yelled triumphantly, as he realized that he was indeed back in the game. I officially took myself off the disabled list last night after a four-mile jaunt resulted in pain-free shins and ankles. The truth is, I never really disclosed the fact that I benched myself. I was hoping the hype of the holidays would overshadow my need for a five day break. I've always had a certain degree of fear in telling others that I was hurting. Beside this stubborness......rest, streching, icing, heating, and tiny pills appeared to have done the trick. I was seriously concerned that the team would have to pluck a replacement from the minor leagues to fill my roster spot. Call it effective treatment, luck, good karma.....whatever. 2006 is starting out well. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a giant bowl of mango to dive into.

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay, now let's see some mileage in that log.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger PJR said...

Yes, coach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home